No one decides to stay in a pit by choice. Therefore, a pit can be regarded as any situation you are in but from which you want a way of escape. Pits are usually not very clean.
If you are in a pit, you can be entangled with all kinds of things that are battling against your soul. Only God can lift you out of any pit you are in. Would you like to ask Him to do this for you today?
Repeat these prayers for as many "pits" as exist in your life and as for as many consequences as you're enduring.
1. Everlasting Father, have mercy on me and forgive me for anything I have done that has caused me to be pushed into the pit of ________ (negative situation you are facing), in the name of Jesus.
2. Lord God, I admit that I am in a pit of ___________ (negative situation you are facing). Help me, in the name of Jesus.
3. O God, let every mud and entanglement of ___________ (consequence of the pit) in my life, be removed from my life today, in the name of Jesus.
4. O Lord, my refuge, I look unto You earnestly. Stretch forth Your hand of deliverance unto me in this pit of _________ (negative situation) and lift me out, in the name of Jesus.
5. Lord Jesus, set my feet on solid ground so that I can recover from all the consequences of __________ (negative situation), in the name of Jesus.
6. Great Redeemer, as the day unfolds, let me go through it with the conscious realization that You have pulled me out of the pit of _________ (negative situation) and that You have delivered me from all its consequences, in the name of Jesus.
7. Thank You, O Lord, for answering my prayers and for holding me by the hand so that my spiritual walk can become steady, in the name of Jesus.
If you have the need and the time, please feel free to add more prayers at this point.
Blessing: By reason of the prayers you have carried out this morning, may you never fall into any pit of despair again. It shall be well with you, in the name of Jesus.