Prayer to Give Thanks for Mercy and the New Birth in Christ
"Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy, and we hated each other.
But when God our Savior revealed His kindness and love, He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.
He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of His grace he made us right in his sight and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life." — Titus 3:3-7 (NLT)
Basic humanity is characterized by foolishness, disobedience, slavery to lusts and pleasures, evil, envy and hatred. The Spirit of God through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ can change all that for you once and for all.
1. Lord Jesus, this morning, I reaffirm my gratitude for Your sacrifice for me on the Cross of Calvary.
2. Any spirit of foolishness and disobedience in my life, by the power of the Holy Ghost, depart from my life and never return, in the name of Jesus.
3. Any chain of lusts and evil pleasures tied around my neck and hands, by the fire of the Holy Ghost, be broken to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
4. Holy Spirit of the Living God, fill me up and deliver me from the oppression of malice and envy, in the name of Jesus.
5. Lord Jesus, by the power of Your Holy Spirit, let the power of hatred in me be completely replaced by Your divine kindness and love, in the name of Jesus.
6. I declare that I wholeheartedly accept the new birth and new life that I have been given through God's Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
7. Thank you Almighty Father for making me right in Your sight and for the confidence that I have that I will inherit eternal life, in Jesus' mighty name, amen.
If you have the need and the time, please feel free to add more prayers at this point.
Blessing: May God confirm His grace upon your life and may His Holy Spirit maintain within you the assurance of salvation, in the name of Jesus.