Prayer to Learn to Not Blame Others and Take Responsibility
"The man replied, 'It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it.' Then the Lord God asked the woman, 'What have you done?' 'The serpent deceived me,' she replied. 'That’s why I ate it.'" — Genesis 3:12-13 (NLT)
Passing the buck is one of the first negative acts that entered into our world. And whenever you evade responsibility by passing it to someone else or blaming another person, you are committing a very historic iniquity.
However, when you take responsibility for your actions, you are demonstrating maturity and character as a true Christian. What's more, heaven doesn't care whether you blame others or not, it knows who did what.
Remember, the Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:10 (ESV) "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil."
If this is true, and it is, how then do you make sure we are fine both here on earth and in the world to come? The answer to that lies in Colossians 3:23-24 which says “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.”
1. I refuse and reject unprofitable excuses and blame allocations in my life, in the name of Jesus.
2. O God of my righteousness, today, I resolve to not pass the buck but instead to take responsibility for my actions, in the name of Jesus.
3. As I have decided to do this, O Lord, I ask that Your Holy Spirit will empower me with the strength to always live in accordance with Your will and Your word, in the name of Jesus.
4. My God, let me live each day with the sure realization that one day, I will have to stand before Your judgment seat to give account of my actions and to receive my reward, in the name of Jesus.
5. As a result of this, O Lord, let me live my life everyday as if I'm working directly for You so that I can give my best in my conduct toward You and with other people, in the name of Jesus.
6. Lord Jesus, let me become responsible and in so doing, let the actions I am responsible for be honorable so that my life can glorify Your Holy name.
7. Thank You Emmanuel for answering my prayers, in Jesus' mighty name, amen.
If you have the need and the time, please feel free to add more prayers at this point.
Blessing: I decree upon your life that it shall be devoid of unprofitable excuses. And whatever you are responsible for shall give God glory, in the name of Jesus.