Bad Companies | Prayer Guide by John Miller
"Do not be deceived: 'Bad company corrupts good morals.'" — 1 Corinthians 15:33 (NASB)
Whenever you spend time with people who lack morals, you are in bad company. The canvas for this is quite broad. People who spend all their time gossiping and spreading rumors about others are bad company.
Ditto people who always say things that directly or indirectly nudge you toward committing a sin or a crime. If you spend too much time with them, according to God's word, they will corrupt you and you will become like them. As a child of God, you really do not want that.
1. Lord Jesus, forgive me for everytime I have relished being in the company of people who have corrupted my morals.
2. My Savior, forgive me for any action which I have carried out directly or indirectly based on information I have gotten from bad company.
3. Today is another day, O Lord. Give me the strength of character to take an inner and an outer stand against the corruption of my soul, in the name of Jesus.
4. Whenever I stand in the presence of anyone today who I perceive wants to draw me into corruption, Father, give me the wisdom to properly terminate the discussion, in the name of Jesus.
5. O Lord, wherever I go today, make me a beacon of holiness. Cause Your Holy Spirit to teach me wise ways to influence the direction of discussions so as to divert them from the way of corruption, in the name of Jesus.
6. If there be any person hell