Prayer to understand the work of Jesus Christ | Daily Prayer
"For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf.
Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world.
But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him." — Hebrews 9:24-28 (ESV)
Jesus Christ came to replace the archaic system that was in place since the days of Moses, for the atonement of sin.
The old system involved a human high priest (who died and had to be replaced from time to time) who made regular animal and blood offerings, etc. But through the death of Jesus Christ and His resurrection, He nullified the old system.
It no longer works. In the new system, He was both the High Priest and the sacrifice. And His sacrifice was once and for all. Then by resurrecting and ascending into heaven, He has become our eternal High Priest in the real temple in heaven.
Plus, the next time He will appear here, it will be to save us, His children, who have been earnestly waiting for Him. Will you be ready?
1. Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your sacrifice.
2. Lord, I understand that Your death and resurrection have replaced the practices of the old testament and that they no longer work.
3. Therefore, O God, I key myself into the new testament and dispensation that You have purchased for me, in the name of Jesus.
4. I declare unto You, Lord Jesus, that I have no other option for my spiritual care than You. Let me always find an audience with You, my Savior.
5. My Redeemer, I know that You will soon return. Let my ways always please You and let me always focus on what is important so that I do not miss my mark in life, in the name of Jesus.
6. One thing I want to ask today, my God, is that You open my spirit to the reality of the fact that nothing on this earth, by any stretch of anyone's imagination can ever compare to a single second within the gates of eternity in Your kingdom.
7. Thank You blessed Jesus for answering my prayers and for Your Holy Spirit within me, who is my assurance of an eternity in Your kingdom, in the name of Jesus.
If you have the need and the time, please feel free to add more prayers at this point.
Blessing: May God bless the revelation of His word in your heart and may you stand until the reappearing of our Lord and Savior, in the name of Jesus.